Utilizing our extensive experience and unique relationships in the industry, Carleton Companies is specially equipped to deliver exceptional products across the spectrum of multifamily offerings.
From Class A market rate opportunities, to affordable housing, we have a track record of delivering world-class products. Our strategic approach to market rate development consists of effectively evaluating a target market’s potential profitability and designing our products to meet that specific market’s needs. In our affordable ventures, we have navigated complex financing programs and requirements for over 25 years, and boast extensive experience in the market.
Carleton pursues both new development and acquisition rehabilitation projects. Since our executives’ real estate experience dates back to the 1970s, our team has successfully navigated projects through boom and bust cycles of both the real estate industry and regional economy.
Carleton’s disciplined approach is strategic:
- Evaluate market conditions, seeking profitable ventures
- Combine regional, competitive advantages with each project
- Effectively identify and execute unique, even proprietary, opportunities
- Create product solutions designed specifically for the target submarket and population.
Carleton (and its affiliates) has been both developer and general contractor for affordable housing clients of all sizes including housing authorities, non-profits, and other entities. We have experience in a broad variety of affordable housing finance programs including:
- Rental Assistance Demonstrations (RAD)
- Section 42 Tax Credit
- HUD financing (including HOPE VI grants)
- Other funding sources (including city, state, and federal programs)
Our consistent commitment to this market for more than 20 years provides the foundation for Carleton’s ground-breaking accomplishments:
- We were the originating firm that completed the first two RAD transactions in Texas
- We were the forerunner in developing affordable housing using green building strategies, with Platinum-level certified projects designated by Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) standards
- We were one of the earliest providers of affordable housing targeted specifically for seniors and those seeking special access
Contact The Development Division
4201 Spring Valley Road
Dallas, TX 75244
Get Your Free Rental Property Consultation
Your submission was successful. We will get back with you shortly.