Project Engineer/Assistant Superintendent
- Type: Full Time
• Assist the Project Superintendent in the Supervision, coordination, and scheduling of activities of Subcontractors at field job sites.
• Become familiar with blueprints and specifications.
• Walk project to inspect work progress and job site safety, creating punch lists.
• Coordinate project activities with subcontractors, internal and external stakeholders, conferring with other departments to resolve problems or coordinate activities.
• Assemble and record information such as personnel, production, or operational data on specified forms, reports or software systems.
• Basic knowledge of building and construction including materials, methods and tools involved in the construction of houses and buildings.
• Basic knowledge of customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Basic knowledge of management principles, such as planning, resource allocation, and coordination of resources.
• General knowledge of construction safety principles.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, possesses an aptitude for learning job specific computer software, such as Procore.
• Proficient in using basic office equipment such as keyboard, copier, and telephone.
• Effective communication skills in English, both orally and in writing. Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus!
• Time management and organizational skills, capable of prioritizing multiple tasks and following through to completion.
• The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
• Reasoning skills in which able to combine rules or pieces of information to produce answers or conclusions that make sense.
• Must possess interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
• Flexible and adaptable to adjust actions in relation to others’ actions.
• Must be an active listener, giving full attention to what people say, comprehending points being made, asking questions when appropriate.
• Detail oriented and observant.
Point of Contact
Dallas/Ft. Worth Metropolitan Area
Field Office Locations